Monday, May 7, 2012

Little Lessons: Letter D

I'm SO behind on documenting what's going on at lesson time! We are still slowly but surely working through the alphabet one letter at a time! A couple of weeks ago we learned about D.

We talked about Dwellings! Grace had SO MUCH FUN with this lesson. I basically just let her color a big cardboard box and make it into a play house. We practiced writing Ds.


Grace turned her backwards D into a ladybug. I may cut it out and keep it cause she worked so hard on it. And it looks so cute!



We also talked about where different animals dwell. Then Grace and Jack played in the house. And I'm pretty sure they've played every day since then.


The next day we practiced taking and giving Directions. This was really fun as well. First, I gave grace directions on how to draw a picture. Then Grace gave me directions and I drew.

She drew a great flower...


I followed her directions to draw a bridge with cars...


She followed my directions to write the word "daddy".


She followed my directions to draw a face...


We did this several more times, but I only took a few pictures. :).

And what week of letter D study would be complete without an oatmeal container turned Drum!




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are great pictures especially the sunglasses. Grace and Jack are really growing up fast. Love Paw Paw