Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Tuesday

We have had the most wonderful day today. It seems like the past couple of weeks were really hectic... Changing schedules, Christmas stuff, I don't really know what all, but it felt busy. Sunday night was one of those nights when the kids misbehave for the umpteenth time in a 2 hour span. They end up in tears and you get them in bed, sit down and wonder what in the world you are doing and are pretty sure you have no idea but are doing the worst job of parenting that could ever be done.

Thank goodness The Lord is in control and there is grace and there are days like today when I can just enjoy my kids and invest in them without running the roads or being super busy at home. I can always tell a difference in their behavior after we slow down and take some good old quality time together!

This morning we made pancakes, did chores, played in the tent, played with balloons, made static electricity...


Which made our balloons stick to the ceiling...


Made Christmas cupcakes...








Played with play dough, read books, sang songs, gave "sleigh rides" on a blanket, had a movie picnic...


Played some more and had semi-successful nap times.

It was great! I love mornings like this morning and am so thankful for them!

0 comments: