Thursday, November 20, 2014

Happy Birthday, Jack!

I can't believe little baby Jack Nida is 4 years old! He is such a blessing to our family and we are SO thankful for him! He makes us laugh ALL the time and just has the best personality! Jack is very much into all things boy, especially sword fighting and The Chronicles of Narnia. Granny got him children's set of the Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe books that he reads over and over and over (especially the battle part). He also likes the movies (even the old BBC versions!). For his birthday he wanted to have a battle with his friends and pretend to be King Peter, so that what we did! We had a Narnia birthday party! My pictures are out of order, but you'll get the drift of our fun day...
 I made horses out of pool noodles for races to chase the white stag. This was a lot more popular than I anticipated.
 The biggest hit with the boys was the sword fighting. The weather was so nice and cool outside even though it was early September, that they were able to run and basically beat each other up for an hour. all over the yard.
 Since most of the kids didn't know the story, I read them an abbreviated version of the book when they arrived and then handed out costumes I made from fabric found on the sale and dollar tables. The boys dressed as "knights" and the girls had "princess capes".
 I made red velvet cupcakes and buttercream icing and they had hot chocolate in goblets with "golden" plates and silverware.

 I covered the front door in brown paper and drew the wardrobe door on it. Jack thought this was great!
 The cake was super easy -- Aslan walking in the snow with four gold candles. :)
 The birthday "Banquet Hall".

 All of the kids made poster board crowns when the arrived.




 The princesses enjoyed many many cupcakes while the knights spent their time in battle.
 They also spent much more time decorating their crowns. :)
 Jack also chose to have Strawn's strawberry pie for breakfast.
 King Peter the Magnificent!
 Our crazy family on a crazy but super fun day celebrating our crazy and super fun 4 year old!!!

0 comments: