Friday, June 10, 2011

I've Got A Full Buggy

I know, I know. It's really not that big of a deal to most people. But to me this WAS a big deal...

(sorry, jack, for the unfortunate picture)



My first trip to walmart with both kids... To actually buy stuff. We didn't buy a ton, but it was a legit trip. No one screamed or fussed. Grace didn't stand up in the back of the cart. All in all it went about as well as I could have hoped.

*And here is a side not for your reading pleasure:
Everyone always stops to look at Jack and talk to him. He is after all, a super cute, super smiley baby. Everyone always comments on how cute and tan he is. Now people stop me because is is SO tan. Today at walmart I talked with a really nice Lady from Mexico (who barely spoke English) for a good 6 minutes about Jack, our Spanish heritage and her granddaughter, Isabella. I really love that my baby boy makes people smile so many times every day!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Abbie, how in the world did you make it SO long without taking both kids to WalMart? I'm jealous & impressed. I've been with ALL 3 several times...talk about a lot of work!

Abbie said...

Megan, I am jealous and impressed that you can take all three! I have no idea how people do it? Where do you put all the stuff you're gonna buy if there are kids in the buggy, and how in the world do you get the others to do a full trip walking through the store while not touching anything (or in my case, daydreaming and wandering and dancing and singing and just getting too excited about all of the above). Anyway, I either get up early (jack usually is helpful in this) and go before Jonathan has to be at work or he keeps Jack on our one free night of the week and grace and I have a mommy daughter date. We split a small pepperoni pizza at mellow mushroom on our way and then do our shopping. that way we can take our time and look for letters and numbers and g can help weigh fruit etc... It's really a lot of fun and we both look forward to it!