Sunday, July 31, 2011

10 Months

Well, I guess late is better than never... So here is a post for my sweetie 10 month old baby boy!

Jack has really seemed to change SO much this month! He has finally seemed to have gotten the sleeping thing down! Yay! He takes 2 good naps a day and then sleeps from about 7:30 till 6:00 without waking up or fussing at all! Praise the Lord! I knew the day would eventually come, but I must admit that there were times when I thought it might take several years!



Jack has also finally figured out the crawling thing. He doesn't really seem to get in too big of a hurry to go anywhere or do anything. Unless he sees the cat... in which case he is very purposeful and determined and fast! But he can now crawl with the best of 'em and pull up and cruise around the furniture! I think he rather likes his new found independence.


He still loves that big sister of his. Now that he is more mobile he can follow her and 'play' with her a little better. She (for the most part) is still very understanding when her toys get messed up or taken. I really can not believe how patient and easy going she is with Jack. It is such a blessing! These two are quite a pair!


Even though he is almost 11 months old now my baby boy still has not one single tooth! I think I may have seen a bit of swelling on his bottom gum the other day, but I suppose only time will tell! He may not have any teeth, but Jack has discovered 'big people food' this month and is not going back to the baby stuff! This kiddo will eat anything! Last week he was like a bottomless pit. If I didn't have another bite of food ready each time he was done swallowing he would scream until I got him more! Woo! He is usually pretty laid back, but not when it came to food last week. This week his appetite seems to have tapered off a bit, and I am thankful for that.

So what is on his list of favorite foods these days?
Raspberries, banana, strawberries, peaches, apple sauce, red beans and rice, gumbo, jambalaya, chicken pot pie, tomato soup, spaghetti, baked potatoes, guacamole, black beans, Spanish rice, and of course sweet potato puffs. I don't think there is anything he doesn't like... Other than babyfood! Ha! Oh, and he is leading how to drink from a sippy cup as well.

So it has been quite a month for us, Jack. Before long I will be taking that 11 month picture! And then after that... Yikes! We will have made it an entire year! I can't believe it! What a crazy, fast, hard, wonderful year it has been as a mom of TWO!

0 comments: