Friday, July 22, 2011

So...

So... since the last post we have been to Shreveport, Arkansas, Shreveport, Lake Charles, Shreveport, and Alma again. I am pretty sure we haven't been in one place for a week in over 3 months (except the bit of time we had in ga to pack our entire house before moving... That doesn't count as rest). So how are we doing? Well, let me paint you a picture...

The picture of my family at dinner tonight was what prompted this post. It just had to be recorded because it was such a good picture of life right now.

Grace had a bowl of macaroni and sang 'She'll Be Comin' Around The Mountain' at the top of her lungs about 1000 times. She even added her own verses. Jack played with a knife and ate almost an entire kids plate of food (did I mention we were at a restaurant... In public). The boy has discovered real food and he is a FAN. I thought boys ate you out of house and home during the teenage years, not at 10 months! I was wearing a t shirt and jeans and had never dried my hair or put on makeup all day... Actually I'm pretty sure it's been close to a week since I have done any of those things. I looked around and realized that everyone else was like half way through their meals and I had not even found my silverware yet. It was during all of this hoopla that I had the overwhelming urge to put my head down on the table and just go to sleep. Could I please just close my eyes and let someone else deal with it...

We are all SO insanely tired. I mean totally exhausted. It's not the same kind of tired that comes with having a newborn. That is sleep deprivation exhaustion. This is something else. It is like stress exhaustion. My body feels pretty rested but my mind is totally in need of a vacation... And I'm not talking a Disney trip. I mean I need to check in to the Embassy Suites and lay in a cold dark silent room for at least a week and do absolute nothing and think about absolutely nothing and take care of absolutely no one... Please. But I don't see anything like that coming in the near (or let's be honest, distant) future, so I guess we I'll just have to get on with things... and start documenting again!

I realize what i just wrote sounds pretty awful... It really has not been that bad of a season. (I have been known to be a bit melodramatic in the past)... Just SO stressful and tiresome... And never ending....

SO...Here we go again... What everyone has been waiting for... Drumroll please...



A new picture... And many more to come. :-)

0 comments: