Well, we've been working on the house for a full week now! I thought I would try to show you the progress that we have made so far.
There are a few things you need to know that the pictures don't show. The house was owned by one family from 1960 to 2010. (the Coats... More fun info on this family soon to come!) They seem to have taken Really good care of the house. Then a young couple bought the house hoping to fix it up and a week after they moved in the husband got transferred to Colorado. So they rented it out for a year (oddly to someone we know!) and then sold it after it sat vacant for a year. It is safe to say that the couple who we bought the house from did NOT have the same taste as I do! They also did NOT have perfectionist tendencies like I do! So the paint colors left a lot to be desired and the paint jobs were very unfortunate etc... But those things are easily fixed with a little elbow grease and quality time spent practicing painting skills.
I started by working in the bedrooms. I'm not crazy about the paint color in the living area of the house, but it is neutral and the quality of the paint job is pretty good. The bedrooms, on the other hand, were horrid... Dark cool colors, paint all over the trim, multiple trim colors. You get the picture... A mess!
SO we patched all wall holes, cracks, scraped, sanded, vacuumed, de-glossed and washed the trim and doors and mullions in the 6 and 12 pane windows and got to work perfecting painting techniques!
We also did a little demolition and hung a little drywall! I have always been really unsure of my construction skills. I hate that I am not very handy, but I'm definitely having fun teaching myself on some little projects!
Well, that's enough preface... On to pictures!
To My Almost 14 Year Old
7 months ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment