
I've been working at the house a LOT this past week. And while I love the transformation that is happening and the work that I'm doing I definitely do NOT love being away from my kids so much! I don't know how you working moms out there do it. Seriously, it is just not right for me to be away all day. I felt like I was slacking on my job and missing my best friends at the same time. I was really only gone three days, and only two were back to back. I was seriously seriously missing my kiddos this week... I guess you got the point huh? So tonight I let Grace stay up late and we had a blast just spending time together! We played two rounds of butterfly bingo (thanks Aunt Angie!). I taught Grace how to draw swirls... Something she has been wanting to learn. Then once she mastered the swirl I taught her how to draw snails and waves and clouds using her newly developed swirling skills. And let me tell you, she is now a pro. Last but not least we did a Light Bright page together! Its been a while since I've heard the sound of those plastic pegs dropping (on the floor-oops!). We had such a good time talking and laughing and hanging out just the two of us. Our morning times together have been really spotty lately, and this was a wonderful evening!
I am just really enjoying the age of four so far. There is a little bit of attitude and pushing the boundaries going on, but I think it's mostly due to all the craziness that's going on right now. It will settle down soon for sure. But for the most part Grace has been unbelievably wonderful lately. She is just a pleasure to be around. She is old enough to be mostly self sufficient and help with things around the house, but is still so young and has such a great imagination and inquisitive spirit! Everything can be a game, and we are always singing and coming up with new things to play. I honestly just truly enjoy her company. What a blessing she is!!! Tonight she was snuggling with me before bedtime and she was upset because she never ever wants to have to grow up and move away. I told her okay that she could stay as long as she liked. Ha! I'm sure she will change her tune soon enough, but for now I'm going to enjoy my snuggly, funny, caring, helpful, sweet spirited four year old Grace girl.
That is one great looking ice cream cone don't ya think?!?

0 comments:
Post a Comment