Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A Little Reminder to Myself


Yesterday I was getting the kids in the car in the walmart parking lot and grace asked "So, how DOES God know how many hairs are on my head?" we talked most of the way home.

Today at lunch she wanted to know what "beckons at the window pane" (a line from a poem we've been reading) meant. We got to go through the passage and talk about it.

These are just two little things that I wanted to jot down. I want to remember how thankful I am that I'm with her and able to answer her questions all day. I'm so thankful I get to play and go on walks and fix and eat lunches and put up laundry and give noon time baths after Popsicles after busted lips after indoor picnics after hide and seek. I'm extra thankful when it feels like everyone else is sad because summer is ending and they have less time with family now. Maybe it's just a new house high I'm on but I'm just happy that the weather may cool down a bit (eventually) and I get to start work on teaching the kids new things and planning more scheduled play-dates and making our new house a home this year. I am so very thankful that the Lord has provided for us the way he has and that he has made a way for me to be at home taking care of my family all day. It is such a joy and blessing to do this work! I pray I don't take a moment for granted!

0 comments: