The kids and I went to Arkansas to see my parents AND aunt MA and Cliff for the fourth of July. Jonathan didn't get to come because he can't take off at work yet. Maybe next year?!?!
Anyway, it was great to see my sister, but I've got to admit that until we are settled in our house and the paid workers are outta there and not finding more ways to spend my money, I think I'm going to be a little preoccupied if you know what I mean.
Week three was very important because we started moving in!!!! Yay!!!! All of our belongings are scattered here and there across the south so we started collecting our things and bringing them home.
Mom and Dad were seriously SO MUCH HELP. My parents are by far the absolute hardest working people I have ever met in my life. If you've met them then you know what I mean. We do not have a work ethic problem around here. ;) We loaded up a U-Haul and brought the stuff that was stored in Arkansas down and then moved stuff from our two storage rooms and jonathans parents house. Then we went by Goodwill and my parents took a few things home. We had so much help from friends and family and we could not have done it without y'all! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
The kiddos really wanted to ride with paw paw.

There she is!!! At home at last! We have a lot of hand me downs and flea market finds etc for furniture. This piano may be my favorite piece. It was given to my mom by her grandmother so she could learn to play the piano. It's the same piano I learned to play on, and now it's ready for Grace and Jack! I think my great grandmother would be happy to know so many little fingers have learned to play hymns on these keys and that they are still used regularly. I know most kids don't know how to read music or sing parts or even know hymns any more. But mark my word. The Nida kids will know full well all of the above if I have anything to say about it. (and luckily I do!) I just don't know of a much more intimate time with the Lord than playing and singing and thinking through all the good old hymns (cause there are some not so theologically sound ones out there). What an encouragement to think of all the generations who have sung the same words together over the world over the years. I surely do hope we don't neglect teaching our children this part of our history and heritage. Ok. Ending soap box now.

Jonathan also buffed the front room floors while we were gone! And by buffed I mean vacuumed, mopped twice with vinegar and water, mopped and scrubbed with the buffer once, waxed and scrubbed with the buffer once, waxed again and polished with the buffer again. I did two bedrooms last week, and let me tell you, It is a chore to get the floors healthy again. But they look FABULOUS!

He also painted the dining room!

And the electricians took out our fuse box and put in a whole new breaker box, weather head, circuits and wiring etc... Whew! This is the one bill that has me a little on edge. There is just No WAY they are coming in on budget. I can just feel it. No matter how much they reassure me it's going to be ok. I just have a bad feeling about it... But it has to be done, so it has to be done.
And something definitely has to be done with the siding now.

On a happier note...
Jack has a big boy bed!!! But he will be in his crib for a while longer.

And Grace has a big girl bed! And her own room!!!!

And we also unpacked one box of toys... And the kids played with them for over an hour... I'm thinking this is going to be like constant Christmas for all of us!!!

I'm so excited for week four. The plan is to be moving our family in!!! YAY!!! I'll keep you posted. :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment