Here we are at day 3! I understand if you want to check back in next week when I'm back to my normal 1 or 2 pictures and a few sentences. Day 3 here we go!
We started off by walking around our little borough of Winchmore Hill. This is our street. The white house is where we are staying. It used to be a bakery. I'll post more on it later, but can say I would most definitely recommend it for sure.

We explored the little deli across the street.

This is amazing. The store had it's produce in an open air room next to the main store. There was no attendant or guard or anyone around. The customer was just trusted to come in and pay for what they need.

But wouldn't you want to come in and pick up some of this at the same time? Yum!

Our village green phone booth. :)

Ready to go to the city!

One of the things I really wanted to do was visit the Columbia Rd. Flower market. It is a road that turns into a flower market every Sunday. We didn't really know where we were going and ended up walking a LONG way to get there.
But we made it!

Flowers everywhere! It smelled SO good!!

Ferns.

The saying was "three for a fiva". Or three for five pounds.

I've never seen this many flowers before! It was well worth the walk!

More...

Mom and me.

After we walked through the main street, we explored some of the side "lanes". It was beyond neat to walk down the old corridors. I felt like I was in a theme park but knew it was real.

Can you believe this picture?

There were neat little shops and bakeries and cafes along the side that we stopped in. My favorite was a cooking shop.

And I've decided that this is what I "need" for my everyday dishes. I love love love this stuff. Falcon enamelware... The white with blue band around the edge.

Then we went back to Kings Cross and used the restroom and saw this Fabulous invention! The handle is used as the lock. How many problems would that solve?!?

Ready to ride a bullet train at St. Pancras.

I ate a tomato motzarella and basil "bullet" on the way. Super yum!

At the Olympic Mall.

Waiting with the pidgins and bikes and smokers for MA.

We were supposed to find here in all these people.

And we DID! And we got back on the tube and headed to London Bridge Station.

We attended the Evensong service at Southwark Cathedral. It was beautiful. It's been one of my favorite things we've done so far.

And here is a funny story about it. We are Baptist. Southern Baptist. Like NOT liturgical. So when we sat down Mary Allison saw the little cushion hanging on the chair in front of us and went ahead and sat on it. You know, she thought it was a seat cushion provided for the hard seat. Then everyone went to kneel and she realized what she did. Hilarious!!!

It was such a nice service despite a few stifled giggles. :)

Next up... Borough Market!

The map was laid out like a cow! Haha! There was a lot of meat... And everything else in the world!

Cheese!!!

Cheese!

More cheese! And let me tell you they do offer samples. And we accepted them... All!

Produce!

This is for Jonathan.

Dried sausages.

Dries fruits and nuts.

Merengues.

And possibly my favorite pic of the day. SO FUNNY!

Walking by the wharf.

Ancient ruins.

A pirate ship.

Arrrrggggg!!!!

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down...

We thought we would walk over to St. Paul's. Here we are taking a picture in front of what we thought was it. We never found it. We just walked and walked and walked... I'm now laughing hysterically looking at this picture.

We did find the bank of England.

Then back to the Olympic Mall.

More food. This time at a grocery store.

Wish we had this grocery store.

When we got back from making dinner reservations MA was signing autographs and taking pictures!

Then we met up with Cliff and his whole family!

We all ate a nice dinner together and visited for a long time.

The MA fan club. :)

And a hot chocolate and terrible ticket mishap which we won't discuss now cause it still upsets me and we were back on the train and home again to watch the track events on the tele before bed.

And that's what we did on another eventful day in London!
0 comments:
Post a Comment