Whew! How is it already day 5? Only 3 more to go!
We started off the morning by getting coffee. It is day five, afterall. And here is another great invention! The closable disposable coffee cup lid.
Open.

Close. VoilĂ !

And a fabulous bottle top! Sealed and closed...

And opened!

We went all the way out to the east end to pick up the tickets for the days game but they had not been released yet. We get free tickets to the basketball events as family and even free travel passes for the day of the event! This has save us a whole lotta money.

So we headed into town to eat lunch at Harrods!

We passed the dress code and were allowed in. :)

I have never in all my life seen wealth like this place has wealth. It is beyond surreal. It's a different planet.

I've always heard about the food halls and wanted to see them. It did not disappoint. Mosaic ceiling in a cafeteria! This is no Luby's people

The meat counter.

Seafood.

Produce.

Things I don't even know.

Pate.

Cured meats.

Pies.

American pizza. If it only looked this good in America!

And sweets. There were rooms and rooms of so many different foods! It was so neat!

And marble floors and marble counters and marble ceilings.

Chocolates.

Marzipan fruits.

We took our food to Hyde park for a picnic.

The Rose garden.

Green.

My salad.

Mom at lunch.

The best dessert yet! I love these things! I don't know what they are called but they are croissants with a bar of chocolate inside.

Hyde Park Corner.

Next up was the Victoria and Albert Museum. We saw the fashion section, British section, and architecture section.

And the Rembrandt cartoons. Amazing! Just amazing!!!!

Front lobby.

V and A

There was even an exhibit on the Kings Cross Station!

And pretty amazing models.

Real armor and weapons!

So many religious items.

Carvings

And sculpture. Just too much to take in. It was wonderful!

Then we took a bus through the city to Victoria station.

The spaces are just breathtaking!

Then we went to walk around Big Ben.

Parliament

And Wesrminster Abbey.

The 2 Abbeys. :) haha!

So many important places!

After picking up the tickets from the US office it was back to the O2 for another basketball game (that didn't start till 9:15pm).

We watched the end of the GB Germany game. Look at the packed house! I'll say it again. We love these British fans! They are great!

We got better seats for the US Canada game.

MA even made the leading scorer board! We fell behind in the beginning but ended up getting a secure lead and then win. Yay! Go USA!

We then Walked at least a million miles with a million sweaty foreigners (it was nearly 80 today, afterall), packed in the tube with them and raced to find our train and paid to use the "toilet" before riding back to Winchmore Hill. It's a good thing Dad had bought some ice cream cause we didn't have time to pick up a dessert tonight! Ha! We arrived home around 12:45. Whew! I think we may sleep in tomorrow. It was a very fun, very full day.
2 comments:
I am so jealous. I just had to say it. Seeing all your London pictures brings back so many memories of my 3 month stay there in St. John's Wood.
Oh Harrods!!! Leslie and I would meet there every Thursday night and buy a Christmas ornament...love those memories.
Way to go TEAM USA!
I am so jealous. I just had to say it. Seeing all your London pictures brings back so many memories of my 3 month stay there in St. John's Wood.
Oh Harrods!!! Leslie and I would meet there every Thursday night and buy a Christmas ornament...love those memories.
Way to go TEAM USA!
Post a Comment