Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Sick. Yuck.

Jacky is sick. I noticed he had a high fever today and took both he and Grace to the doctor to get them checked out. She said they have a virus. Yuck. We are SO blessed that our kids are NEVER sick. Every now and then they get a cold, and about once a year they get something real like a virus or something. I will say though, that even though it's awful to have sick kids it makes me SO thankful that we don't have truly chronically ill children. What a blessing that I take for granted every single day!

And another thing I want to remember is how unbelievably, absolutely wonderful my kids are when they are sick. Jack just wants to snuggle and have me hold him and read to him. It is precious and I want to snuggle right there with him. And Grace is just so kind and thoughtful. I am always surprised by how considerate she is. For example, I had gotten them both out of the bath tonight and Jack was literally convulsing with chills he was so cold. I got him dressed and he didn't want me to put him down. Grace saw all of this and knew it was going to be hard for me to help her get dressed. So she said "don't worry mom, I can get myself dressed!". So cheerful even though she is sick and still has trouble getting all dried off and dressed by herself. Then she went and found Jacks favorite books for him and made sure he had everything he wanted while he was sitting with me. What a blessing that child is! What a blessing they both are! I surely do wish we weren't dealing with sick kids on our first nice week of fall, but I am also thankful for the reminder of our many blessings that has come by this.




0 comments: