This morning Paw Paw and the kids and I went up to Lake Fort Smith. It was just about the most perfect weather ever, and we had a wonderful time! We had a picnic lunch, played on the playground, looked at the boats, and went on a "hike". It was really more of a long walk downhill through the woods, but it was perfect for a 3 year old and 18 month old. Here are a lot of pictures...













My dad just got in from Colorado last night. He had a terrible flight and a bad cold and I know he was exhausted. But he still wanted to hang out with his grandkiddos. That is one thing I really really love about my dad. It didn't matter how exhausted or busy he was at the end of a long day, he always wanted to spend time with me and talk with me. It didn't have to be any big deal thing either, just a nice dinner or talk before bed. I don't think I appreciated that quite so much until I had kids and realized just how exhausted a person could be at the end of the day and how easy it is to want to get them to bed so you can have a little down time. I really have been blessed with wonderful parents who have always always shown me love, always spent time with me, always supported me, always encouraged me and always listened to me. We all have always really enjoyed each others company (even through jr. High years for the most part). I'm so thankful that my kids are getting to have these two folks for grandparents! I hope one day they realize how blessed they are... I have a feeling they will. :-)
0 comments:
Post a Comment