Friday, March 9, 2012

Today Grace Said:

While we were driving to visit grandmother:

Tomorrow while Daddy and I are at the movies, (this is not happening, by the way) can you and maybe papa try to think of some way to get my training wheels OFF my red bicycle? Cause training wheels are for TRAINING to ride a bicycle... like practicing a whole lot until you learn. You know? And, well, I mean, I think I'm already really TRAINED to ride my red bicycle, so now I don't really NEED those training wheels anymore. And I think we can take them off now. Whaddayathink?

I responded with a "so you think your ready, ok, well, we'll have to see" kind of comment. Then there was a short lull in the conversation followed by:

And since we're here at Nana's and Paw Paw's house,and since I'm always growing up so much while I'm here, I think it's probably about time for me to go to REAL school. Yeah, I think I'm ready for REAL school now. I think I'm old enough now. Can I go to REAL school tomorrow?

We talked about this for a while and how she would not get to go to real school tomorrow. Then there was another lull followed by:

A sweet little voice singing softly and then belting out, "I need thee, Oh I need thee. Every hour I need thee. My one defense, my righteousness, oh God, how I need thee!"

Oh, how I pray she comes to understand those words and hides them in her heart as she keeps on growing up on me. These are truly precious days.

0 comments: