The kiddos and I are on the road again. This time we travelled ALONE to Arkansas for Nana's spring break. Paw Paw is on spring break too, but he is in Colorado at a conference for work. I honestly can't believe I got up the courage to travel by myself with the kids for the 5+ hours it takes to get here. I know people do this all the time, but I am not one of those brave mommies. It all actually went so smoothy I couldn't believe it. We got Jack a big boy car seat and turned him around (just for this trip... Even though he's 18 months he only just weighs a bit over 20lbs, and the AAP recommends keeping your kid rear facing till 2 anyway) and we splurged and got the absolute cheapest dual DVD player we could find! It worked like a charm! We made it in record time, leaving at 8, arriving at 2:15, and stopping only once for lunch! AND Grace wore panties the whole time! Hooray!!! We were so glad to see Nana when we arrived! The kids immediately went to nap time after wardrobe changes and are still sleeping at almost 5:30. As soon as they passed out I ate a huge peanut butter sandwich, drank a glass of ice cold whole milk and zonked out on the couch for a bit myself. I was beyond exhausted. I don't really know why. I guess it's just been a crazy busy stressful few weeks and I was just trying to make it here till I pooped out. Ha! It's so good to be here! I am looking forward to our rainy days of board games and home cookin! More pics to come soon!




0 comments:
Post a Comment