I thought I'd share the state of Jack's room since I did Graces last time.
Here is his bed to the right when you walk in. I LOVE IT! It was old dingy white with red splatter paint, but after a good cleaning and sanding and four coats of "front door red" semigloss it's the perfect centerpiece for his cowboy room!

And a huge thank you goes to my mom who made his super cuter retro cowboy duvet cover for him (while writing her dissertation and preparing for a new school year and teaching each night at VBS). I found the material on line for $6 a yard when it was originally $26 which was just too good to pass up. (cute cowboy themed fabrics are pretty non-existent I've decided). I found some surprisingly nice coordinating sheets at Walmart of all places and bought a single king sized red sheet that mom used as the back of the duvet. It all just kind of came together so nicely despite finding different fabrics all over etc...

To the left is the crib and then a chair that matches the bed and also the dresser that matches the crib. It's a little tight in there, but I have absolutely loved having a crib and bed in the same room, so I don't mind a bit. Jack is doing great with sleep lately, but it's nice to be able to snuggle in bed with him and get a little extra sleep if he wakes up early... And not wake anyone else up. And having both kids in bed reading books is fun too!

Also, the colors in his crib bedding match the other fabrics! And I found some cute coordinating blue striped fabric that we used to recover the chair cushions. There are no pictures (or longhorns) on the wall (yet), but we are making progress! The kids love playing back in the back room. We even keep their tent set up on the side of the bed by the closet. They have tons of "camp outs" and picnics back there. I think the carpet must be the key to all the laying on the floor! Maggie likes it too... Although I wish she wouldn't cause I don't like to vacuum all the time and it's much easier to dust mop the wood floor. Oh, well. You will hear zero complaining from this lady about having to take care of a home. :-)
Here's a campout pic...

And Maggie at a picnic...

And Maggie with her picnic provider...

And now for the list of want to-dos. Get some things on the wall. I've got a couple of things I need to get framed/cleaned up and hung. I also want to do something special but I can't decide what yet. I'm thinking I've got a while till I'm at a "hey, I've got a little extra cash and free time and inspiration, I think I'll make something for jack's wall" phase. I want to put up more roller blinds behind his mini blinds. When mom and dad were here the other weekend we installed black out shades behind his blinds on the two street windows to block out the street light. They work SO well. I want to put up more on the other two windows... The things we do for light sleeping babes. I also would love to get some cute overstuffed throw pillows for his bed and chair. And at some point we must hang the closet doors again, although I am dreading this because I know that if it was going to be easy it would have already been done. Also, curtains of course and a couple of paint touch ups. And thats about it! And there's an update on the little boys room!
0 comments:
Post a Comment