We really haven't done anything to this room other than paint it and wax the floors. It's one of my favorite rooms though! It is so great to have the kids toys right off the living room but not IN the living room. The place is very well used and is usually trashed by the end of the day, but we've gotten a pretty good system going for clean up and it usually takes no more than 5 or ten minutes to get everything in order again (a key component to a great play room).
So here is the view from the living room.

To the left is the piano (yay!) book shelf, stuffed animal bin and chalkboard.

I thought the kids would spend the most time playing in the kitchen area but they don't. They play here more.

Anybody wanna come over for a hymn sing? Haha! Jonathan thinks I'm crazy, and my kids are sick of hearing me play! But I love having a piano again... Maybe everyone would be more appreciative if we got it tuned. ;-)

The handy little hide away nook for the not so "cute" toys.

Home living.

With it's own little clean up secret. If we are in a hurry we just throw all the little play foods and things into the picnic basket. Once a week or so we try to organize it all to make play easier. The kids LOVE playing picnic too, so the basket has come in handy for that too.

Every time I walk in there is a different picture on the chalk board. I think we are going to have to add chalk to our monthly staples list! Haha! The other day Grace had her dolls sitting around watching her as she drew a "floor plan". She was explaining where the boys rooms would go and girls etc... Too funny!

What a great room!

And I've got big plans for this space come Christmas, so check back in December!
0 comments:
Post a Comment