On to my favorite room! The kitchen! I am totally in love with my little blue kitchen. It is just the right size for 1 or 2 people to work in. I've got my little table for the kids to work at and plenty of storage for all our abundance of pots and pans and serving dishes! Hooray!!! I think I've put on some weight since we've moved in because I'm cooking so much. Haha!
So when you walk in the back door and look to the right this is what you see. Stove, pantry, fridge, and laundry closet (halleluia!)...

Entry to the dining room and little breakfast nook...

More cabinets and my wonderful sink, dishwasher and drainboard! I'm glad we didn't have the money to change things too much right off because I have fallen in love with the drainboard. I'm hoping to keep it around as long as I can. The thing I was most worried about was not having a double sink, and it has turned out to be no problem at all! We even have a garbage disposal which we have never had. And above the sink is my first try at making a valence. I think I paid $2.50 for the material, so I wasn't too scared to mess it up. It's a little too long and the hem is a bit too wide, but I will easily be able to fix that when I sit down and just do it.

Here is the breakfast table nook. I've got my material for cafe curtains and was even able to find some neat vintage hardware to use, but until I get the guts to make those we've got a nice display of watercolors. I think it looks kind of cheery actually! And did you know that ALL my dishes and linens etc. are blue?!? So I already have plenty of blue and white accessories to use in my blue kitchen.

And last but not least... The laundry closet. It's just what I wanted! We got a great deal on a really nice stackable washer and dryer and put up some metal shelves (for now) to keep all of my big kitchen appliances on. There is even room for the trash can! Hooray!

And could a girl ask for anything more than this fabulous invention right here?

I think not.
So the kitchen is coming along nicely, but we still have some work to do. Here's the want-to-do list:
Paint, paint, paint. The cabinets and most of the walls (we are leaving some knotty pine) and all the trim. I think this is going to make a huge difference in the way the whole room looks. Fix my curtains and make the cafe curtains and valences for the big window. Install a white beadboard ceiling and put in new moulding and fixtures. Install a checkerboard floor and new baseboards. And eventually new countertops and backsplash. See, we don't have too much left to do at all. Haha! I think if we ever get all that done it will be seriously nice, but it is working great for me right now! I am SO thankful for my little blue kitchen!
0 comments:
Post a Comment