Sunday, February 13, 2011

5 Months!

Well, Jack, you're 5 whole months old... Almost half a year! How in the world did that happen? It makes me so sad... Even though it's no secret that the little baby stage is not my favorite.


Here are some things I want to remember about this age...

You are just about the happiest baby I have ever seen in my life. You have the sweetest belly laugh! You laugh with your whole body and you smile so big that your mouth takes up about half of your face!

You are very ticklish too... Especially on your ribs under your arms and on your belly.

You are super easy going and are always so well behaved when we go places. You are doing great in the nursery, and have only cried once. The ladies who keep you dote on you the entire time, so it's not really that big of a surprise that you would enjoy yourself;)

You love love love to stand up! You can stand for a good 10 minutes holding only onto my fingers.

You are enjoying tummy time so much more lately, but you still won't roll over. I am trying not to worry about this.

You talk and talk and talk, but mostly at night after grace goes to bed. (I guess it is kind of hard to get a word in edgewise when your big sis is quite a talker herself).

You have gone through different experimental stages with your voice. One week you cooed, the next you made a semi-threatening screeching noise (grace said you sounded like a dinosaur), and lately you have been pursing your lips (like you are trying to form a word or specific sound) and after a few seconds of humming like this you finally open your mouth and let us have it! You always have a very expressive face when you talk.


You are still not a good sleeper. You have had trouble with this from day one, literally. The nurses at the hospital told me on day one that you were going to be a challenge. They were right. I am tired. I had no idea that it was possible to be this tired. I have finally got you on a pretty good 2.5-3 hour schedule during the day, but at night you are totally unpredictable. Lately you have been going one 3 hour stretch and then getting up every 2 hours after that. You always go back to sleep easily, but it sure would be nice to get some rest around here. This is definitely one of the hardest things I have ever dealt with in my life.

On the positive side of the sleeping thing, you and grace do take an afternoon nap at the same time, and that has been a huge blessing! I'm not sure how I would manage without that time each day.

And how you love your sister! You literally giggle when she even so much as looks at you! You love to jump together, either in your jumper or with me holding you and her jumping in front of you. You will laugh and laugh and laugh!

Despite the fact that I think you would rather be a bottle baby, you have not had even a drop of formula. You haven't started baby food yet either.

You are just a little below average on the growth charts (like your sis), but you are super healthy so far! You have only ever had a stuffy nose for about a day and a runny nose for about a day... And you have been around Grace and her colds... even when she had scarlet fever! I am SO incredibly thankful to have had such a healthy baby this far!


I am so thankful for you, Jack. I can not even begin to imagine life without you! The Lord has already been glorified in so many ways through your life! He gets the glory for your creation, the timing, the easy pregnancy and delivery. He gets the glory for taking away my huge fear of having another child and my fear of not being able to handle more than one kid. He gets the glory for using you to help grow up more fruits of the spirit in me (especially that patience thing). The list goes on and on and on. What an awesome God we serve!!! I can not wait to see what is in store for you, my sweet natured littlest kiddo!

0 comments: