Thursday, February 3, 2011

Two Big Googly Eyes...

Today Grace didn't want to paint or play play-dough or draw. She wanted to "play with the stuff in that bag"... Only a mother could know exactly want this meant ;-) she meant the arts and crafts bag. Really want she meant was glue. What is it about kids and glue? Well, I decided she was responsible to glue semi-unsupervised while I made our red beans and rice. So we talked about the number 2 and small, medium and large while grace drew circles and glued eyes on them to make faces. She did pretty good with the glue also... No huge blobs that will take 3 days to dry or anything.





I also realized (as I was frying sausage for the beans and rationing the glue and teaching a lesson and stirring the pot) that Jack has reached the age where I can hold him on my hip for extended periods of time without his head flopping all around. This is a huge achievement in mom world. I did all of the above while holding jack on my hip! (it was close to naptime and I wanted to get everything finished before i put him down.) jack was more than pleased to not be in the bouncy seat! I also realized that I need to build up the muscles in my left arm again ;-)

0 comments: