Monday, February 28, 2011

Psalm 56:3

Do you remember this verse?


Well, grace surely does. I knew it was going to storm tonight, so Jonathan and I have been talking to her all day about thunderstorms and rain and God taking care of us. The real test came tonight when I was by myself with both kids at bedtime and it started to pour and thunder. Grace made a B-line for my leg and attached herself there at the first rumble. So we turned off all noise making objects and sat on the sofa together and listened to the rain and thunder. We listened and talked. After about 15 minutes of this we cleaned up the living room, brushed teeth and headed to bed. We did everything in our normal bedtime routine and I put Grace in her bed, kissed her goodnight, told her I loved her, picked jack up from his bouncy seat (where he was waiting not so patiently;)) and left the room. It was still thundering loudly... Like shaking the walls thundering, but my girl didn't make a peep! She went on to sleep by herself! I am SO thankful for this! Maybe she is learning to trust in a God who not only made the rain and thunder but is in total control of it and everything else in the world! What a mighty God we serve! I hope Grace is always reminded of this in a thunderstorm : )

0 comments: