Monday, February 7, 2011

Dishes

Grace volunteered to help me put away dishes this morning (boy, am I gonna enjoy this while it lasts!). I was cracking up at some of the comments she made...


First of all, you have to really know Grace to be able to appreciate the zeal she has for whatever she is doing. She is going to be giving whatever she is doing 110%... and she is going to be telling you about it... VERY enthusiastically... With a VERY southern accent... The child just has a way with words. She (for the most part) has impeccable pronunciation and a huge vocabulary. If you are with Grace (and she is totally comfortable with you) you WILL be getting a play by play of her life. But she can also be painfully shy when she is around new people or in a new situation. Once when I went to pick her up from an evening being kept at church, the man who was helping in the nursery told me "not to worry" that "one day she'll start to talk". Ha! He does not know my child!

Anywho... I rambled too much there and missed the point, and I imagine most people reading this know Grace, so it was probably a moot point at that...

Back to the story... So Grace is totally excited about each piece of silverware she is putting up and each dish that she takes from the dishwasher. She grabs the slotted spoon and says, "oh! Mommy! Look! This is for peas!!!" like it was the most thrilling thing she had seen in days.


And then she saw 2 cutting boards and decided that the smaller "is just about the right size for a little girl like me! I think I'll put it right up here on the cabinet for later".


She had a funny comment like that about every single thing in the dishwasher. When she put a pot in the cabinet she told me "I'll just put it down here in this loud cabinet, ok?" (cause it is always SO noisy to get a pot out of that cabinet).

What a funny girl. Always excited and joyful about everything, even putting away dishes!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good helper, Grace!
Granny